Software Engineer III, Platform - #2495756
TigerConnect transforms healthcare with the industry's most widely adopted clinical collaboration platform – uniquely modernizing the way doctors, nurses, care teams, patients, and data connect. With solutions spanning care communication, patient engagement, scheduling, alarm notifications, nurse call, and more, TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes, safely and securely. Trusted by more than 7,000 healthcare organizations for user-friendly, yet enterprise-ready solutions, TigerConnect delivers 99.99% verifiable uptime for more than 10 million messages each day.
As a Software Engineer III you'll be responsible for leading the architecture and implementation of new features and capabilities for our highly-scalable, secure communication platform impacting the lives of doctors, nurses and patients. The successful candidate is an accomplished, hands-on platform engineer with multiple large-scale, distributed services under their belt and has a passion for solving challenging problems and building distributed, mission-critical systems.
What You'll Own:
- Deliver ongoing feature and performance improvements for the leading healthcare communication infrastructure
- Refactor a monolith into microservices
- Work closely with the client and product teams to refine requirements for technical implementation
- Deliver innovative technology solutions that enable new product features and ongoing performance improvements
What You've Accomplished:
- BS degree or higher in CS, EE or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in software engineering
- Experience in functional/asynchronous programming and/or object-oriented programming: Erlang, Java, Elixir, Go, Scala etc.
- Experience in cloud platforms AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience in designing and building REST APIs
- Experience in developing Microservices.
- Knowledge of relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Experience architecting large-scale distributed platforms for scale, security, and reliability
What You Bring to the Table:
- A team player who enjoys communicating technical designs and decisions to the team and leading them in delivery
- The wisdom to always be thinking ahead and ability to deliver durable, lasting architectures
- An insatiable appetite for learning new approaches, technologies and architectures and maturity to apply these judiciously
Who We Are:
We are recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) and Built In LA's 2021 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies to Work, Best Paying Companies and Best Perks & Benefits.
Why We're Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a "work hard-play hard" culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
TigerConnect Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice